On September 7, we're going to 2 Celebration Services on Sunday mornings. Before we moved to the Hays PAC at the end of April, we were having 3 Sunday morning worship services. Over the last few months, we have worked to figure out how to best use the facilities, put some systems in place, and have had some growing time over the summer. We challenged everyone to serve on a rotating schedule to carry us through these few months of having just one service. Many people stepped up to make it happen. But the hope has been from the start that we would move back into 2 services in the Fall. Both services will have the same music and message. The times are 9:00 and 10:30. That gives us a 30 minute "Passing Period" which is much longer than the 15 minutes we had at Tobias. The benefit of the 30 minutes is that it allows people from the first and second services to hang out if they want and connect with each other.
Why are we going to 2 Services? If you look around in the auditorium, you might wonder if we're ready to make that big move. Here's why we believe the time is right to start a new service:
- While we still have space in the main service, the space in our kids areas is limited and this will allow them to have some breathing room.
- This helps us with our service strategy of serving a service and attending a service. Simply put, you can now serve in a key ministry on Sunday mornings every week and never have to miss out on the worship service.
- It gives people an option for the time that best works with their Sunday schedule.
- This is a step of faith. We believe God will bless our commitment to reach as many people as quickly as possible by drawing people to our services.
Why make the move on September 7th? Actually, that's our 4th birthday as a church. We started on the Sunday after Labor Day 2004. This is one of the biggest Sundays of the year for us. School has started, the holiday weekend is over, and people are ready to get plugged into an exciting church family. We work to make it a Big Day by doing a couple of key things:
- We pray for our unchurched friends and neighbors
- We invite our unchurched friends and neighbors
- We send out around 22,000 invitations to everyone in the Kyle/Buda area
- We make it a priority to be at TCC on that day.
- We start a new series on that day called "One Month to Live"
Which service should I attend and which should I serve in? This is completely up to you. But we do expect the early service to be a little lighter in attendance than the later one. That tells us that if you are open to either service, you should plan on attending the early service and serving during the second one. It will help balance the services and give us plenty of people serving during the more crowded service.
As we move into this new season, we are more ready than ever before for God to move in a huge way and for people to show up and get connected. I cannot wait for September 7th!!!