This is what it’s all about! 5 people went public with their faith last Sunday! It never gets old!
Archives For Vision
- Our Fall Kick-Off Sunday was truly incredible!
- There were 1250 people who celebrated with us on Sunday and 27 first-time guest cards were turned in. And that was without a mailer! So, our Connectors are out there spreading the word and bringing people! Way to go!!!
- We celebrated our 9-year birthday as a church family with a birthday cake. The people of The Connection Church and the goodness of God have made it a joy to lead our church through these 9 years. It’s important to stop and celebrate what God has done in the past. But, keep your fork, because the best is still in our future!
- If you attended the Noon service, you actually got to eat the birthday cake! Since the 10:30 is so full, it will really help for you to come to the 9am or the Noon service to make more room for our guests.
- Did you see the new custom video game console that Alex and Rene built called “The Sector” in our kids area? Wow! It’s so cool, I’m thinking about adding our Giving Kiosk to it so people can give as they play!!!
- I was very pumped about the College Connection BBQ lunch on Sunday. They had 11 young adults show up, many from Texas State. They also started to discuss the Explore God group material. It went so well that we’re going to do it again this Sunday at Noon in the office. All young adults, out of high school to 23 are invited.
- We kicked off Explore God along with 345 other churches in the Austin area. There’s tremendous power when God’s Church stands together! The first message was about the question, “Why Am I Here?” You can listen to it here or on the free mobile app for your phone.
- We did a Live Text Survey during the service asking if you know your purpose and are you living it out. It was helpful to get a good feel of the pulse of the room. We plan on doing that interactive survey in each of the messages during this series.
- We ended the day with Group Scoop, kicking off the new semester of our Connection Groups. If you still haven’t joined a group, you can go here to find one. Or download this Groups Guide and give them a call or email.
- Here are some of my favorite pics from Sunday. You can see more of them on our Flickr page.
CELEBRATE 9 YEARS OF LIFE-CHANGE!
Unbelievably, this Sunday marks the 9th Birthday of The Connection Church! I know, it’s insane! Every church that is blessed by God is full of miracles, and The Connection Church is here today because God did so many amazing things to empower us to thrive. I believe this is because, from Day 1, we’ve been committed to reaching out and seeing lives changed! That one core focus drives everything that we do for His glory!
I invite you to be with us this Sunday to kick-off our new series Explore God with a day full of chances to Get Connected!
HELP US MAKE MORE ROOM
Because we’re expecting lots of guests on Sunday, we want to make room at the service they’re most likely to attend, the 10:30. If you’ve been attending the 10:30am service (or, the middle service, as it’s sometimes called) you can make a BIG difference by attending either the 9am service or the Noon. Of course, feel free to serve during the 10:30.
With school back in action, we’re hosting a FREE BBQ lunch to get our college-age young adults together. This will be a great time to connect with others who are in the same stage of life and begin growing together. If you’re out of high school between the age of 18 & 23, please join us and invite your friends. Let us know if you’re planning on coming or have any questions.
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!
Everybody needs to be a part of a Connection Group. The other BIG chance to connect on Sunday is at the Group Scoop where you can find a Connection Group. At 4pm on Sunday, we’ll have ice cream sundaes and group “speed dating” so you can get to know our group hosts and find your perfect fit.
It all happens this Sunday, September 8th, along with a few surprises. You didn’t think I was going to give everything away did you?
Did you know that how we perceive smells is tied to our emotions and what we associate with those smells? For example, if you have a fond memory of your pet skunk PePe, you might just love the smell of skunk spray. I’m not sure why, but I love the smell of the ocean and rain.
When it comes to leadership, I was talking with a friend one time who said, “That guy WREAKS of leadership.” After I contained my laughter, that thought stayed with me. Every leader has a smell. What is yours like?
2 Corinthians 2:15 says, Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing.
Which brings to mind a couple of questions.
1) Is my life a pleasing aroma to God? Or do I need some air-freshener?
2) How do those who are far from God respond to my aroma? Are they being drawn to Jesus, or are they being pushed further away?
While I make sure to wear enough deodorant and some cologne everyday, I hope that people would say about me, “That guy smells like vision for changed lives!”
Get Ready to Grow:
Here’s an online daily devotional that you can use as a guide to draw closer to God during this season: Crosswalk Easter Devos
Also, make plans to attend the Good Friday service on March 29 to remember and reflect on Jesus sacrifice on the cross.
Get Ready to Invite:
Stats consistently show that 9 out of 10 people would attend a church if they were invited. God has placed people in your life for a reason. So, step up and invite them to be with you on Easter Sunday.
Get Ready to Serve:
Our service strategy is very simple: Attend a service and serve a service. (Of course, it would be great if the service you attend is the 9 or Noon to make more room at the 10:30.) If you’re not already on a ministry team, you can go here to let us know you want to serve on Easter Sunday: Volunteer . Just fill out the form at the bottom of the page and we’ll get in touch with you soon.
Get Ready to Give:
We’ll be receiving a special Easter Offering to fund 2 specific opportunities: expanding our current facilities and caring for those in our own community. Be praying about what God would have you give over and above your regular tithe to invest in our shared mission. If you want to give online, you can do that here.
As we get ready together, I know we’ll make a huge impact this Easter.